- Make locate.updatedb(8) default to search from all mount points with the allowed filesystem types. Therefore, it is allowed to exclude the root filesystem type, while still correctly index other mounted filesystem with allowed types. Otherwise, the whole filesystem is simply ignored if the root filesystem type is excluded.
- Although we can now ignore the root filesystem type from being indexed, but this is generally a configuration mistake, so we warn about this.
- Use stat(1) instead of the obscure "find -c" to help check whether the created database is empty.
- Print out the full find command by default (to help config/debug), also print a message when the database is successfully built.
- Update locate.rc accordingly.
- Explain why use cat instead of cp for the final database creation.
6877ea2d2f locate.updatedb(8): improve default search paths with small updates
usr.bin/locate/locate/locate.rc | 17 +++++++++++------
usr.bin/locate/locate/updatedb.sh | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
2 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)