The current default nsswitch.conf file provided by glibc is not very distribution friendly. The file contains some minimal directives that no real distribution uses. This update aims to provide a rich set of comments which are useful for all distributions, and a broader set of service defines which should work for all distributions.
Tested defaults on x86_64 and they work. The nsswitch.conf file more closely matches what we have in Fedora now, and I'll adjust Fedora to use this version with minor changes to enable Fedora-specific service providers.
- Add missing databases to manual.
- Add link to manual from default nsswitch.conf.
- Sort nsswitch.conf according to most used database first.
v3- Only mention implemented services in 'NSS Basics.'- Mention 'automount' in 'Services in the NSS configuration.'
- Sort services in alphabetical order.
- Project name is 'Samba'.
- Fix typo in manual/nss.texi.
- Fix another typo in manual/nss.texi. Ran spell checker this time.
4b7c74179c nss: Make nsswitch.conf more distribution friendly.
ChangeLog | 6 +++++
manual/nss.texi | 24 +++++++++++++----
nss/nsswitch.conf | 81 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
3 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)