Mesa 3D Graphics Library
This sub-channel is devoted to everything Mesa, including Gallium3D drivers.
Libdrm is the Direct Rendering Manager library component to Mesa DRM that contains the driver header files for communication with the driver's kernel modules.
Mesa is an open-source 3D graphics library that provides the commonly-used DRI and Gallium3D open-source Linux graphics drivers.
Piglit is an OpenGL conformance test suite designed for testing Mesa and other OpenGL hardware drivers.
This Month's Activity
- freedreno/ir3: add 'high' register class
Mesa - Rob Clark: For compute shaders, we need to be able to allocate some "high" registers (r48.x to r55.w).
- docs: add 17.2.0-devel release notes template, bump version
Mesa - Emil Velikov:
diff --git a/VERSION b/VERSION
index dc99675..250d02e 100644
@@ -1 +1 @@
diff --git a/docs/relnotes/17.2.0.html b/docs/relnotes/17.2.0.html
new file mode 100644
@@ -0,0 +1,64 @@
+<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "
- android: amd/addrlib: trivial fix for gfx9 support
Mesa - Mauro Rossi: Fixes the following build error:
- anv: Add the pci_id into the shader cache UUID
Mesa - Jason Ekstrand: This prevents a user from using a cache created on one hardware generation on a different one.
- etnaviv: native fence fd support
Mesa - Philipp Zabel: This adds native fence fd support to etnaviv, similarly to commit 0b98e84e9ba0 ("freedreno: native fence fd"), enabled for kernel driver version 1.
- etnaviv: SINGLE_BUFFER support on GC3000
Mesa - Wladimir J. van der Laan: This patch adds support for the SINGLE_BUFFER feature on GC3000 GPUs, which allows rendering to a single buffer using multiple pixel pipes.
This feature is always used when it is available, which means that multi-tiled formats are no longer being used in that case, and all buffers will be normal (super)tiled.
- etnaviv: Add chipMinorFeatures4 and 5
Mesa - Wladimir J. van der Laan: Request chipMinorFeatures bitfields 4 and 5 from the drm driver.
- etnaviv: stop repeatedly resolving an unchanged resource into its scanout prime buffer
Mesa - Philipp Zabel: Before resolving a resource into its scanout prime buffer, check that the prime resource is actually older.
- swr: Add polygon stipple support
Mesa - George Kyriazis: Add polygon stipple functionality to the fragment shader.
- i965/vec4: keep original type when dealing with null registers
Mesa - Juan A. Suarez Romero: Keep the original type when dealing with null registers.