This channel is devoted to BSD distributions and other non-Linux open-source operating systems like Genode and Haiku that are not covered by other Anzwix channels.
The DragonFlyBSD operating system's source tree.
The FreeBSD kernel.
The Genode operating system framework.
Haiku is an open-source operating system inspired by BeOS.
The Illumos open-source OpenIndiana/OpenSolaris operating system.
OSv is a new cloud-focused, BSD-licensed modern operating system for KVM, Xen, and Amazon EC2 environments.
This Week's Activity
- bsd.sys.mk: Implement WARNS framework for HOST_CCVER.
DragonFlyBSD - zrj: Previously we were handling just a CCVER only.
- drm: Implement parts of the Linux irq subsystem
DragonFlyBSD - François Tigeot: - Allowing to reuse more drm drivers code as-is from Linux
- Add FreeBSD's mpr(4) driver for LSI Fusion-MPT 3/3.5 SAS controllers
DragonFlyBSD - Sascha Wildner: This commit also includes a userland utility for mps(4) and mpr(4) (mprutil(8) aka mpsutil(8)).
- x86_64/ioapic: Make sure that legacy IRQ only appears on one CPU.
DragonFlyBSD - Sepherosa Ziehau: The legacy IRQ lookup assumes only one CPU has a given legacy IRQ.
On system w/ large number of IOAPIC, GSI96 could be mapped to IRQ17 on CPU0 (since IRQ96 is used by SYSCALL), while GSI17 is mapped to IRQ17 on another CPU.
- kernel - Localize [in]activevnodes globals, improve allocvnode
DragonFlyBSD - Matthew Dillon: - Move to globaldata, keep globals as rollup statistics.
- We already solved normal active->inactive->active issues in prior work, this change primarily effects vnode termination, such as for unlink operations.
- Enhance allocvnode to reuse a convenient reclaimed vnode if we can find one on the pcpu's inactive list and lock it non-blocking.
- rpc: Add support for NO_WCAST_FUNCTION_TYPE make variables
DragonFlyBSD - zrj: It is unfortunate that <rpc/xdr.h> has the "bool_t xdr_void(void);" without the XDR* parameter even if it is unused.
- kernel - per-thread fd cache, p_fd lock bypass
DragonFlyBSD - Matthew Dillon: - Implement a per-thread (fd,fp) cache.
- kernel - Remove SMP bottlenecks on uidinfo, descriptors, and lockf
DragonFlyBSD - Matthew Dillon: - Use an eventcounter and the per-thread fd cache to fix bottlenecks in checkfdclosed().
- Remove IPsec and related code from the system
DragonFlyBSD - Sascha Wildner: It was unmaintained ever since we inherited it from FreeBSD 4.8.
In fact, we had two implementations from that time: IPSEC and FAST_IPSEC.