The GNOME Shell is the user-interface for GNOME 3.x.
Most Popular This Year
- altTab: Add shortcut to quit application
Florian Müllner: Allow to quit the currently selected application by hitting Alt-q, similar to the OS X switcher.
- altTab: Add also a shortcut to close windows from the switcher popups
Mario Sanchez Prada: Similar to what has been done for the apps switcher, this allows closing windows pressing W or F4 while operating the windows switcher popup or the apps switcher popup while navigating the list of windows for an app.
- Add ShowMonitorLabels2 D-Bus API
Jonas Ådahl: Add a new D-Bus method for setting the monitor labels.
- Add an explicit dependency on libst
Emmanuele Bassi: This should ensure that the St enumeration header is available by the time we start building the gnome-shell executable.
- search: Make the results take more horizontal space
Rares Visalom: In order to make gnome-shell search functionality fit on smaller screens, like those of devices, search results need to take advantage of more horizontal space so that any extra space can be used efficiently.
- workspace: Switch back to using the :has-pointer property
Florian Müllner: In case where a method- and property name overlap, using the method is less unambiguous than I thought - mozjs52-based gjs will only see the method, while mozjs38-based gjs will only see the property.
- switcherPopup: Add support for modifier-less keybinding navigation
Rui Matos: This drops the requirement that SwitcherPopups need a modifier based keybinding to work.
The existing behavior for modifier based keybindings is kept but if the popup is triggered from a no modifiers keybinding, instead of finishing when the modifier is released, we use a timer that automatically finishes the popup.
- calendar: Make notification icons font-relative
Florian Müllner: As notification icons now align with the title, it makes sense for them to follow the text size in case a text-scaling-factor other than 1 is applied.
- remoteMenu: Add actionGroup accessor
Florian Müllner: To avoid recreating the app menu unnecessarily, the panel checks whether the menu's current actionGroup already matches the target one.
- gnome-shell: Make search result description semitransparent
Rares Visalom: There is a clear difference between the file name and its associated description which the mockups clearly highlight.