The GNOME Shell is the user-interface for GNOME 3.x.
Activity Earlier In The Year
- switcherPopup: Add support for modifier-less keybinding navigation
Rui Matos: This drops the requirement that SwitcherPopups need a modifier based keybinding to work.
The existing behavior for modifier based keybindings is kept but if the popup is triggered from a no modifiers keybinding, instead of finishing when the modifier is released, we use a timer that automatically finishes the popup.
- Add an explicit dependency on libst
Emmanuele Bassi: This should ensure that the St enumeration header is available by the time we start building the gnome-shell executable.
- main: Add private libdirs to GIR's list of search paths for scanned libraries
Mario Sanchez Prada: This is not strictly necessary when linking the shell with DT_RPATH as the runtime paths will be extracted from the introspected libraries and used from gobject introspection to find them when loading them based on the typelib files, but when linking with DT_RUNPATH, as it's the case for some linkers (e.g.
- workspace: Switch back to using the :has-pointer property
Florian Müllner: In case where a method- and property name overlap, using the method is less unambiguous than I thought - mozjs52-based gjs will only see the method, while mozjs38-based gjs will only see the property.
- padOsd: Implement edition of actions for rings/strips
Carlos Garnacho: Customization of keycombo actions for strips/rings was lost in the porting to new incarnation of Wacom support.
- gnome-shell: Make search result description semitransparent
Rares Visalom: There is a clear difference between the file name and its associated description which the mockups clearly highlight.
- search: Make the results take more horizontal space
Rares Visalom: In order to make gnome-shell search functionality fit on smaller screens, like those of devices, search results need to take advantage of more horizontal space so that any extra space can be used efficiently.
- remoteMenu: Add actionGroup accessor
Florian Müllner: To avoid recreating the app menu unnecessarily, the panel checks whether the menu's current actionGroup already matches the target one.
- appDisplay: Add a null-check for the scrollview's fade ClutterEffect
Mario Sanchez Prada: This effect will only be created when the StScrollView actor has either a non-zero vertical or horizontal fade offset defined, so we need to add a null-check in these two cases before assuming it's there.
- st-entry: Add support for a "hint actor"
Mario Sanchez Prada: This allows a full ClutterActor to be used as hint in the entry, instead of a simple string.