The mainline Linux kernel.
Most Popular This Year
- mailmap: add two more addresses of Uwe Kleine-König
Uwe Kleine-König: This fixes attribution for the commits (among others)
- mm: add Kernel Electric-Fence infrastructure
Alexander Potapenko: Patch series "KFENCE: A low-overhead sampling-based memory safety error detector", v7.
This adds the Kernel Electric-Fence (KFENCE) infrastructure.
- MIPS: make userspace mapping young by default
Huang Pei: MIPS page fault path(except huge page) takes 3 exceptions (1 TLB Miss + 2 TLB Invalid), butthe second TLB Invalid exception is just triggered by __update_tlb from do_page_fault writing tlb without _PAGE_VALID set.
- mm: generalise COW SMC TLB flushing race comment
Nicholas Piggin: I'm not sure if I'm completely missing something here, but AFAIKS the reference to the mysterious "COW SMC race" confuses the issue.
- checkpatch: enable GIT_DIR environment use to set git repository location
Joe Perches: If set, use the environment variable GIT_DIR to change the default .git location of the kernel git tree.
- arm64: make _TIF_WORK_MASK bits contiguous
Mark Rutland: We need the bits of _TIF_WORK_MASK to be contiguous in order to to use this as an immediate argument to an AND instruction in entry.S.
- mm: list_lru: set shrinker map bit when child nr_items is not zero
Yang Shi: When investigating a slab cache bloat problem, significant amount of negative dentry cache was seen, but confusingly they neither got shrunk by reclaimer (the host has very tight memory) nor be shrunk by dropping cache.
- proc mountinfo: make splice available again
Linus Torvalds: Since commit 36e2c7421f02 ("fs: don't allow splice read/write without explicit ops") we've required that file operation structures explicitly enable splice support, rather than falling back to the default handlers.
- mm: make pagecache tagged lookups return only head pages
Matthew Wilcox (Oracle): Patch series "Overhaul multi-page lookups for THP", v4.
This THP prep patchset changes several page cache iteration APIs to only return head pages.
- It's only possible to tag head pages in the page cache, so only return head pages, not all their subpages.- Factor a lot of common code out of the various batch lookup routines- Add mapping_seek_hole_data()- Unify find_get_entries() and pagevec_lookup_entries()
- Make find_get_entries only return head pages, like find_get_entry().
These are only loosely connected, but they seem to make sense together as a series.
This patch (of 14):
Pagecache tags are used for dirty page writeback.
- mm: cma: allocate cma areas bottom-up
Roman Gushchin: Currently cma areas without a fixed base are allocated close to the end of the node.