The mainline Linux kernel.
Other Activity This Week
- lib, include/linux: add usercopy failure capability
Albert van der Linde: Patch series "add fault injection to user memory access", v3.
The goal of this series is to improve testing of fault-tolerance in usages of user memory access functions, by adding support for fault injection.
syzkaller/syzbot are using the existing fault injection modes and will use this particular feature also.
The first patch adds failure injection capability for usercopy functions.
- ROMFS: support inode blocks calculation
Libing Zhou: When use 'stat' tool to display file status, the 'Blocks' field always in '0', this is not good for tool 'du'(e.g.: busybox 'du'), it always output '0' size for the files under ROMFS since such tool calculates number of 512B Blocks.
This patch calculates approx.
- scripts/gdb/tasks: add headers and improve spacing format
Ritesh Harjani: With the patch.
- const_structs.checkpatch: add pinctrl_ops and pinmux_ops
Rikard Falkeborn: All usages of include/linux of these are const pointers, and all instances in the kernel except one, that are not const can be made const (patches have been posted for those separately).
- mm,hwpoison: return 0 if the page is already poisoned in soft-offline
Oscar Salvador: Currently, there is an inconsistency when calling soft-offline from different paths on a page that is already poisoned.
madvise_inject_error skips any poisoned page and continues the loop.
- mm,hwpoison: rework soft offline for in-use pages
Oscar Salvador: This patch changes the way we set and handle in-use poisoned pages.
- mm/readahead: make ondemand_readahead take a readahead_control
David Howells: Make ondemand_readahead() take a readahead_control struct in preparation for making do_sync_mmap_readahead() pass down an RAC struct.
- fs: do not update nr_thps for mappings which support THPs
Matthew Wilcox (Oracle): The nr_thps counter is to support THPs in the page cache when the filesystem doesn't understand THPs.
- fs: add a filesystem flag for THPs
Matthew Wilcox (Oracle): The page cache needs to know whether the filesystem supports THPs so that it doesn't send THPs to filesystems which can't handle them.
- mm/page-writeback: support tail pages in wait_for_stable_page
Matthew Wilcox (Oracle): page->mapping is undefined for tail pages, so operate exclusively on the head page.
- powerpc/mm: add DEBUG_VM WARN for pmd_clear
Aneesh Kumar K.V: Patch series "mm/debug_vm_pgtable fixes", v4.
This patch series includes fixes for debug_vm_pgtable test code so that they follow page table updates rules correctly.
- Merge tag 'char-misc-5.10-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc