The mainline Linux kernel.
- Merge tag 'net-5.14-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net
- pipe: make pipe writes always wake up readers
Linus Torvalds: Since commit 1b6b26ae7053 ("pipe: fix and clarify pipe write wakeup logic") we have sanitized the pipe write logic, and would only try to wake up readers if they needed it.
In particular, if the pipe already had data in it before the write, there was no point in trying to wake up a reader, since any existing readers must have been aware of the pre-existing data already.
- cgroup: verify that source is a string
Christian Brauner: The following sequence can be used to trigger a UAF:
int fscontext_fd = fsopen("cgroup"); int fd_null = open("/dev/null, O_RDONLY); int fsconfig(fscontext_fd, FSCONFIG_SET_FD, "source", fd_null); close_range(3, ~0U, 0);
The cgroup v1 specific fs parser expects a string for the "source" parameter.
- mm/page_alloc: Revert pahole zero-sized workaround
Mel Gorman: Commit dbbee9d5cd83 ("mm/page_alloc: convert per-cpu list protection to local_lock") folded in a workaround patch for pahole that was unable to deal with zero-sized percpu structures.
- Merge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi
- Merge tag 'docs-5.14' of git://git.lwn.net/linux
- Merge tag 'media/v5.14-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media
- Merge tag 'regulator-v5.14' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator
- Merge tag 'for-5.14/libata-2021-06-27' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
- Merge tag 'net-5.13-rc7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net
Most Popular This Year
- mailmap: add two more addresses of Uwe Kleine-König
Uwe Kleine-König: This fixes attribution for the commits (among others)
- mm: add Kernel Electric-Fence infrastructure
Alexander Potapenko: Patch series "KFENCE: A low-overhead sampling-based memory safety error detector", v7.
This adds the Kernel Electric-Fence (KFENCE) infrastructure.
- mm: generalise COW SMC TLB flushing race comment
Nicholas Piggin: I'm not sure if I'm completely missing something here, but AFAIKS the reference to the mysterious "COW SMC race" confuses the issue.
- MIPS: make userspace mapping young by default
Huang Pei: MIPS page fault path(except huge page) takes 3 exceptions (1 TLB Miss + 2 TLB Invalid), butthe second TLB Invalid exception is just triggered by __update_tlb from do_page_fault writing tlb without _PAGE_VALID set.
- checkpatch: enable GIT_DIR environment use to set git repository location
Joe Perches: If set, use the environment variable GIT_DIR to change the default .git location of the kernel git tree.
- mm: fix pin vs. gup mismatch with gate pages
Dave Hansen: Gate pages were missed when converting from get to pin_user_pages().
- arm64: make _TIF_WORK_MASK bits contiguous
Mark Rutland: We need the bits of _TIF_WORK_MASK to be contiguous in order to to use this as an immediate argument to an AND instruction in entry.S.
- mm: list_lru: set shrinker map bit when child nr_items is not zero
Yang Shi: When investigating a slab cache bloat problem, significant amount of negative dentry cache was seen, but confusingly they neither got shrunk by reclaimer (the host has very tight memory) nor be shrunk by dropping cache.
- ROMFS: support inode blocks calculation
Libing Zhou: When use 'stat' tool to display file status, the 'Blocks' field always in '0', this is not good for tool 'du'(e.g.: busybox 'du'), it always output '0' size for the files under ROMFS since such tool calculates number of 512B Blocks.
This patch calculates approx.
- proc mountinfo: make splice available again
Linus Torvalds: Since commit 36e2c7421f02 ("fs: don't allow splice read/write without explicit ops") we've required that file operation structures explicitly enable splice support, rather than falling back to the default handlers.