As we had to revert two topics at the last minute, let's have another (hopefully short) round of rc to make sure the final release will be sound.
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/1.8.4.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/1.8.4.txt
index b0a59ec..f7bff4d 100644
@@ -198,9 +198,6 @@ UI, Workflows & Features
response was to stash them and re-run). This introduced a corner
case breakage to "git am --abort" but it has been fixed.
- * Instead of typing four capital letters "HEAD", you can say "@" now,
- e.g. "git log @".
* "check-ignore" (new feature since 1.8.2) has been updated to work
more like "check-attr" over bidi-pipes.
@@ -372,12 +369,6 @@ details).
the user to an unexpected place.
(merge 3bed291 rr/rebase-checkout-reflog later to maint).
- * "git stash save", when your local change turns a tracked file into
- a directory, has to remove files in that directory in order to
- revert your working tree to a pristine state. This will lose
- untracked files in such a directory, and the command now requires
- you to "--force" it.
* The configuration variable column.ui was poorly documented.
(merge 5e62cc1 rr/column-doc later to maint).
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index 12fef58..572dfeb 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
4d06473 Git 1.8.4-rc4
Documentation/RelNotes/1.8.4.txt | 9 ---------
GIT-VERSION-GEN | 2 +-
2 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 10 deletions(-)