PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- Make pg_dump acquire lock on partitioned tables that are to be dumped
Tom Lane: It was clearly the intent to do so all along, but the original coding fat-fingered this by checking the wrong array element.
- pg_amcheck: avoid unhelpful verification attempts
Peter Geoghegan: Avoid calling contrib/amcheck functions with relations that are unsuitable for checking.
- amcheck: Skip unlogged relations in Hot Standby
Peter Geoghegan: Have verify_heapam.c treat unlogged relations as if they were simply empty when in Hot Standby mode.
- Update test/perl/README to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3, too
Tom Lane: Oversight in previous commit, noted by Daniel Gustafsson.
- Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3.
Tom Lane: Previously it only checked for version >= 5.8.0, although the documentation has said that the minimum version is 5.8.3 since commit dea6ba939.
- Flexible options for BASE_BACKUP.
Robert Haas: Previously, BASE_BACKUP used an entirely hard-coded syntax, but that's hard to extend.
- Replace occurrences of InvalidXid with InvalidTransactionId
Daniel Gustafsson: While Xid is a known shortening of TransactionId, InvalidXid is not defined in the code.
- Fix checking of query type in plpgsql's RETURN QUERY command
Tom Lane: Prior to v14, we insisted that the query in RETURN QUERY be of a type that returns tuples.
- Enable deduplication in system catalog indexes
Peter Geoghegan: The "equality implies image equality" opclass infrastructure disallowed deduplication in system catalog indexes and TOAST indexes before now.
- Update our mapping of Windows time zone names using CLDR info
Tom Lane: This corrects a bunch of entries in win32_tzmap, and adds a few new ones, based on the CLDR project's windowsZones.xml file.