The GNU C library.
Most Popular In The Past Month
- Fix f64xdivf128, f64xmulf128 spurious underflows (bug 28358)
Joseph Myers: As described in bug 28358, the round-to-odd computations used in the libm functions that round their results to a narrower format can yield spurious underflow exceptions in the following circumstances: the narrowing only narrows the precision of the type and not the exponent range (i.e., it's narrowing _Float128 to _Float64x on x86_64, x86 or ia64), the architecture does after-rounding tininess detection (which applies to all those architectures), the result is inexact, tiny before rounding but not tiny after rounding (with the chosen rounding mode) for _Float64x (which is possible for narrowing mul, div and fma, not for narrowing add, sub or sqrt), so the underflow exception resulting from the toward-zero computation in _Float128 is spurious for _Float64x.
- build-many-glibcs.py: add powerpc64le glibc variant without multiarch
Paul E. Murphy: This configuration tests the float128 to ldouble128 redirect support on powerpc64le without the extra wrappers needed to support ifunc on this target.
- nptl: Add CLOCK_MONOTONIC support for PI mutexes
Adhemerval Zanella: Linux added FUTEX_LOCK_PI2 to support clock selection (commit bf22a6976897977b0a3f1aeba6823c959fc4fdae).
- powerpc: Fix unrecognized instruction errors with recent binutils
Paul A. Clarke: Recent versions of binutils (with commit b25f942e18d6ecd7ec3e2d2e9930eb4f996c258a) stopped preserving "sticky" options across a base `.machine` directive, nullifying the use of passing "-many" through GCC to the assembler.
- S390: Add PCI_MIO and SIE HWCAPs
Stefan Liebler: Both new HWCAPs were introduced in these kernel commits:- 7e8403ecaf884f307b627f3c371475913dd29292 "s390: add HWCAP_S390_PCI_MIO to ELF hwcaps"- 7e82523f2583e9813e4109df3656707162541297 "s390/hwcaps: make sie capability regular hwcap"
Also note that the kernel commit 511ad531afd4090625def4d9aba1f5227bd44b8e "s390/hwcaps: shorten HWCAP defines" has shortened the prefix of the macros from "HWCAP_S390_" to "HWCAP_".
- Initial support for GNU_PROPERTY_1_NEEDED
- elf: Remove Intel MPX support (lazy PLT, ld.so profile, and LD_AUDIT)
Fangrui Song: Intel MPX failed to gain wide adoption and has been deprecated for a while.
- x86: Optimize memset-vec-unaligned-erms.S
Noah Goldstein: No bug.
- x86: Optimize memcmp-evex-movbe.S for frontend behavior and size
Noah Goldstein: No bug.
The frontend optimizations are to: 1.
- Fixed inaccuracy of j0f (BZ #28185)
Paul Zimmermann: The largest errors over the full binary32 range are after this patch (on x86_64):