The GNU C library.
- Fix iseqsig for _FloatN and _FloatNx in C++ with GCC 13
Joseph Myers: With GCC 13, _FloatN and _FloatNx types, when they exist, are distinct types like they are in C with GCC 7 and later, rather than typedefs for types such as float, double or long double.
This breaks the templated iseqsig implementation for C++ in <math.h>, when used with types that were previously implemented as aliases.
- Update _FloatN header support for C++ in GCC 13
Joseph Myers: GCC 13 adds support for _FloatN and _FloatNx types in C++, so breaking the installed glibc headers that assume such support is not present.
- riscv: Consolidate the libm-test-ulps
Alistair Francis: Both RV32 and RV64 should have the same libm-test-ulps, so consolidate them into a single file.
- nss: Implement --no-addrconfig option for getent
Florian Weimer: The ahosts, ahostsv4, ahostsv6 commands unconditionally pass AI_ADDRCONFIG to getaddrinfo, which is not always desired.
- hurd: Make readlink* just reopen the file used for stat
Samuel Thibault: 9e5c991106cb ("hurd: Fix readlink() hanging on fifo") separated opening the file for the stat call from opening the file for the read call.
- LoongArch: Add soft float support
- resolv: Add new tst-resolv-invalid-cname
Florian Weimer: This test checks resolution through CNAME chains that do not contain host names (bug 12154).
- resolv: Add the __ns_samebinaryname function
Florian Weimer: During packet parsing, only the binary name is available.
- resolv: Add tst-resolv-byaddr for testing reverse lookup
- Detect ld.so and libc.so version inconsistency during startup
Florian Weimer: The files NEWS, include/link.h, and sysdeps/generic/ldsodefs.h contribute to the version fingerprint used for detection.