The Enterprise channel covers all topics related to Linux and open-source within enterprise environments.
Hadoop is an Apache project to provide for reliable, scalable, distributed computing that's open-source.
PhpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP for MySQL server database administration.
PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
Samba is an open-source SMB/CIFS protocol implementation for supporting interoperable file and print services from Windows on Linux/Unix systems.
Web servers and other server software projects are covered by this sub-channel.
All projects relating to virtualization and hypervisors are covered in this sub-channel.
This Month's Activity
- Add object names to partition integrity violations
PostgreSQL - Amit Kapila: All errors of SQLSTATE class 23 should include the name of an object associated with the error in separate fields of the error report message.
- Fix cosmetic blemishes involving rd_createSubid
PostgreSQL - Noah Misch: Remove an obsolete comment from AtEOXact_cleanup().
- During heap rebuild, lock any TOAST index until end of transaction
PostgreSQL - Noah Misch: swap_relation_files() calls toast_get_valid_index() to find and lock this index, just before swapping with the rebuilt TOAST index.
- Skip WAL for new relfilenodes, under wal_level=minimal
PostgreSQL - Noah Misch: Until now, only selected bulk operations (e.g.
- Introduce "anycompatible" family of polymorphic types
PostgreSQL - Tom Lane: This patch adds the pseudo-types anycompatible, anycompatiblearray, anycompatiblenonarray, and anycompatiblerange.
- Disk-based Hash Aggregation
PostgreSQL - Jeff Davis: While performing hash aggregation, track memory usage when adding new groups to a hash table.
- Enable BEFORE row-level triggers for partitioned tables
PostgreSQL - Alvaro Herrera
- Implement type regcollation
PostgreSQL - Peter Eisentraut: This will be helpful for a following commit and it's also just generally useful, like the other reg* types.
- Recognize some OR clauses as compatible with functional dependencies
PostgreSQL - Tomas Vondra: Since commit 8f321bd16c functional dependencies can handle IN clauses, which however introduced a possible (and surprising) inconsistency, because IN clauses may be expressed as an OR clause, which are still considered incompatible.
- Fix kqueue support under debugger on macOS.
PostgreSQL - Thomas Munro: While running under a debugger, macOS's getppid() can return the debugger's PID.