Everything related to programming, compilers, and related topics belong within the Programming channel.
Open-source code compilers are monitored via this sub-channel for a variety of programming environments.
Code debuggers and other tools commonly relied upon by programmers for debugging games and applications are monitored within this sub-channel.
Git is a leading open-source distributed version control system conceived by Linus Torvalds.
This Month's Activity
- libgo: reduce overhead for memory/block/mutex profiling
GCC - ian: Revise the gccgo version of memory/block/mutex profiling to reduce runtime overhead.
- libgo: drop Solaris 10 support
GCC - ian: Based on patch by Rainer Orth.
- Remove Profile Mode, deprecated since GCC 7.1
GCC - redi: The Profile Mode extension is not used by anybody, nor maintained by anybody.
- Remove array_allocator extension, deprecated since 4.9.0
GCC - redi: This type is not a conforming allocator, because it cannot be reliably rebound to allocate for a different type.
- fortran: C++ support for generating C prototypes
GCC - jb: When generating C prototypes for Fortran procedures with the-fc-prototypes and -fc-prototypes-external options, print a snippet defining macros for complex types, and add C++ support by suppressing mangling.
- Improve API docs for and
GCC - redi: - include/bits/shared_ptr.h: Improve docs.
- Add params for jump-table expansion params (PR middle-end/90340).
GCC - marxin: 2019-05-10 Martin Liska
- doc/invoke.texi: New params.
- params.def (PARAM_JUMP_TABLE_MAX_GROWTH_RATIO_FOR_SIZE): New.
- [PR89221] Continue to default to '--disable-frame-pointer' for x86 GNU systems
GCC - tschwinge: The recent trunk r270914 for PR89221 "--enable-frame-pointer does not work as intended" fixed a scripting defect in the x86 '--enable-frame-pointer' handling.
This has the side effect that, for example, for '--target=i686-gnu' this is now enabled by default: 'USE_IX86_FRAME_POINTER=1' is added to 'tm_defines'.
- compiler: avoid copy for string(byte) conversion used in string comparison
GCC - ian: If a string(byte) conversion is used immediately in a string comparison, we don't need to copy the backing store of the byte slice, as the string comparison doesn't hold any reference to it.
- compiler: don't add pointer twice to value method of direct interface type
GCC - ian: For a direct interface type T with a value method M, its pointer type (*T)'s method table includes a stub method of M which takes a (*T) as the receiver instead of a T.