Everything related to programming, compilers, and related topics belong within the Programming channel.
Open-source code compilers are monitored via this sub-channel for a variety of programming environments.
Code debuggers and other tools commonly relied upon by programmers for debugging games and applications are monitored within this sub-channel.
Git is a leading open-source distributed version control system conceived by Linus Torvalds.
- Define [range.cmp] comparisons for C++20
GCC - redi: Define std::identity, std::ranges::equal_to, std::ranges::not_equal_to, std::ranges::greater, std::ranges::less, std::ranges::greater_equal and std::ranges::less_equal.
- i386: Add clear_ratio to processor_costs
GCC - hjl: i386.h has
#define CLEAR_RATIO(speed) ((speed) ? MIN (6, ix86_cost->move_ratio) : 2)
It is impossible to have CLEAR_RATIO > 6.
- [arm] Add default FPU for Marvell-pj4
GCC - rearnsha: According to GAS, the Marvell PJ4 CPU has a VFPv3-D16 floating point unit, but GCC's CPU configuration tables omits this meaning that-mfpu=auto will not correctly select the FPU.
- [AArch64][SVE2] Support for EOR3 and variants of BSL
GCC - rsandifo: 2019-10-17 Yuliang Wang
- config/aarch64/aarch64-sve2.md (aarch64_sve2_eor3<mode>) (aarch64_sve2_nor<mode>, aarch64_sve2_nand<mode>) (aarch64_sve2_bsl<mode>, aarch64_sve2_nbsl<mode>) (aarch64_sve2_bsl1n<mode>, aarch64_sve2_bsl2n<mode>): New combine patterns.
- config/aarch64/iterators.md (BSL_DUP): New int iterator for the above.
- [vect] Refactor versioning threshold
GCC - avieira: gcc/ChangeLog: 2019-10-17 Andre Vieira
- tree-vect-loop.c (vect_transform_loop): Move code from here...
- tree-vect-loop-manip.c (vect_loop_versioning): ...
This Month's Activity
- Implement C++20 P0388R4, DR 1307, and DR 330.
GCC - mpolacek: This patch implements P0388R4, Permit conversions to arrays of unknown bound, <
- [PR92036] Add 'libgomp.oacc-c-c++-common/data-firstprivate-1.c'
GCC - tschwinge: libgomp/ PR middle-end/92036
- use call-clobbered reg to disalign the stack
GCC - aoliva: Some x86 tests of stack realignment, that disaligned the stack with pushes and pops, failed when the compiler was configured to tune for a target that preferred to accumulate outgoing arguments: the stack space is reserved before the asm push, the call sequence overwrites the saved register, and then the asm pop restores the overwritten
- [Darwin, machopic 0/n] Initial tidy of Mach-O symbol handling
GCC - iains: We want to improve the detection and caching of symbol-properties so that (a) we can make the compiler's output match the platform norms (b) we can improve efficiency by checking flags instead of inspecting strings.
- MSP430: Don't generate 430X insns when handling data in the lower memory region
GCC - jozefl: gcc/ChangeLog:
2019-10-07 Jozef Lawrynowicz
- config.in: Regenerate.
- config/msp430/constraints.md: Fix docstring for "Ys" constraint.
- Add strftime format checking support for C2x %OB and %Ob (bug 82752).
GCC - jsm28: C2x adds strftime %OB and %Ob formats, for alternative forms of month names (for mainly Slavic languages where a month name on its own is declined differently from a month name together with a date within that month).
- Build filesystem library with large file support
GCC - redi: Enable AC_SYS_LARGEFILE to set the macros needed for large file APIs to be used by default.
- Add to precompiled header
GCC - redi: - include/precompiled/stdc++.h: Include <span> for C++20.
- [Darwin] Pick up SDKROOT as the sysroot fallback
GCC - iains: For compatibility with xcrun and the behaviour of the clang driver, make use of the setting of the SDKROOT environment variable when it is available.
- Define WIDTH macros for C2x
GCC - jsm28: As part of the integration of TS 18661-1 into C2x, many features became unconditional features not depending on any feature test macro being defined.