The Graphics channel is devoted to topics concerning Linux/BSD open-source graphics (GPU) hardware drivers, graphics rendering APIs, display servers, and related graphics/display projects.
Beignet is an open-source OpenCL implementation for Intel graphics cores on Linux.
Cairo is a vector graphics drawing API that offers multiple hardware and software-accelerated back-ends. Cairo is used by a variety of projects from X.Org to Mozilla and WebKit.
The libglvnd project by NVIDIA is an attempt to create an OpenGL venture-neutral dispatch library for Linux systems. Advertised as the new Linux OpenGL ABI, GLVND is designed to make it easier for multiple GPU drivers to co-exist on the same system.
This sub-channel is devoted to everything Mesa, including Gallium3D drivers.
Pixman is a pixel manipulation and rendering library.
POCL is the Portable Computing Language and most notably provides an open-source OpenCL library implementation.
Projects concerning video acceleration and video playback on graphics adapters are found within this sub-channel.
Wayland and its related components are tracked here.
The X.Org Server projects and other X.Org projects are tracked via this sub-channel.
This Month's Activity
- travis: bump libxcb version to 1.13
Mesa - Christian Gmeiner: Fixes following dependency problem: Native dependency xcb-dri3 found: NO found '1.
- gallium: Add a util_blitter path for using a custom VS and FS.
Mesa - Eric Anholt: Like the r600 paths to use other custom states, we pass in a couple of parameters to customize the innards of the blitter.
- broadcom/vc4: Add an accelerated path to turn raster R8/RG88 into tiled
Mesa - Eric Anholt: Drawing a 1080p YV12 video stream generated by MMAL goes from 10.
- swr/rast: Add split draw and other state information to DrawInfoEvent
Mesa - George Kyriazis: Removed specific split draw events.
- swr/rast: Add support for generalized late and early z/stencil stats
Mesa - George Kyriazis
- nouveau: Add framebuffer modifier support
Mesa - Thierry Reding: This adds support for framebuffer modifiers to Nouveau.
- drm/tegra: Sanitize format modifiers
Mesa - Thierry Reding: The existing format modifier definitions were merged prematurely, and recent work has unveiled that the definitions are suboptimal in several ways:
- The format specifiers, except for one, are not Tegra specific, but the names don't reflect that.- The number space is split into two, reserving 32 bits for some "parameter" which most of the modifiers are not going to have.- Symbolic names for the modifiers are not using the standard DRM_FORMAT_MOD_* prefix, which makes them awkward to use.
- The vendor prefix NV is somewhat ambiguous.
Fortunately, nobody's started using these modifiers, so we can still fix the above issues.
- radv: Update version to 1.1.70.
Mesa - Bas Nieuwenhuizen: Turns out they did not reset the patch number on release.
- nir: Narrow some dot product operations
Mesa - Ian Romanick: On vector platforms, this helps elide some constant loads.
- i965/fs: Add infrastructure for generating CSEL instructions
Mesa - Kenneth Graunke: v2 (idr): Don't allow CSEL with a non-float src2.
v3 (idr): Add CSEL to fs_inst::flags_written.