GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection that is the Free Software Foundation open-source compiler for C, C++, Fortran, Java, ADA, and other languages.
- libfortran/90038 Reap dead children when wait=.false
jb: When using posix_spawn or fork to launch a child process, the parent needs to wait for the child, otherwise the dead child is left as a zombie process.
- i386: Enable TM MMX intrinsics with SSE2
hjl: This patch enables TM MMX intrinsics with SSE2 when MMX is disabled.
- lto-plugin - support -save-temps, -v, --version
iains: This patch makes the lto-plugin follow the same approach to save-temps as collect2.
-save-temps causes the temp file to be named meaningfully, and for the relevant input files to be saved in CWD.
-v, —version causes the save actions to be output to stderr.
one can get this to happen by just putting -save-temps, -v on the regular link line or (for compatibility with the way the
-debug flag works) by appending -plugin-opt=-save-temps, etc.
2019-05-15 Iain Sandoe <email@example.com>
- lto-plugin.c (exec_lto_wrapper): Make the wrapper arguments filename more user-friendly.
- libgo: reduce overhead for memory/block/mutex profiling
ian: Revise the gccgo version of memory/block/mutex profiling to reduce runtime overhead.
- libgo: drop Solaris 10 support
ian: Based on patch by Rainer Orth.
- Remove Profile Mode, deprecated since GCC 7.1
redi: The Profile Mode extension is not used by anybody, nor maintained by anybody.
- Remove array_allocator extension, deprecated since 4.9.0
redi: This type is not a conforming allocator, because it cannot be reliably rebound to allocate for a different type.
- fortran: C++ support for generating C prototypes
jb: When generating C prototypes for Fortran procedures with the-fc-prototypes and -fc-prototypes-external options, print a snippet defining macros for complex types, and add C++ support by suppressing mangling.
- Improve API docs for and
redi: - include/bits/shared_ptr.h: Improve docs.
- Add params for jump-table expansion params (PR middle-end/90340).
marxin: 2019-05-10 Martin Liska
- doc/invoke.texi: New params.
- params.def (PARAM_JUMP_TABLE_MAX_GROWTH_RATIO_FOR_SIZE): New.