The GIMP open-source imaging and graphics manipulation program.
- app, libgimp, pdb: add "distance-metric" property to GimpPDBContext
Jehan: This property is currently only used for gimp_edit_blend() to control how are computed distances.
- app: add "distance-metric" property to the Blend tool options
Jehan: It seems old blend tool (from GIMP 2.8) was using manhattan distance, whereas the new one uses euclidean.
- Bug 781621 - PDB shapeburst gradient is slower than the blend tool
Jehan: PDB function gimp_edit_blend() was based on "gimp:shapeburst" operation whereas the rest of GIMP (in particular, the Blend tool) used "gegl:distance-transform" which is much faster.
- tools, app-tools: move gimp-debug-tool from tools/ to app-tools/
Ell: Move gimp-debug-tools.c from tools/ to a new app-tools/ subdir, which should contain external tools needed by app/, and which is built *after* app/ (unlinke tools/).
- app: add custom GUI for gegl:recursive-transform
Ell: gegl:recursive-transform applies a transformation recursively to an image.
- app: add transform-grid controller to prop-gui
- libgimpwidgets: in GimpNumberPairEntry, add clear icon
Ell: Since the entry behaves differently based on whether the user provided an explicit input or not, it makes sense to have a button for clearing the entry.
- Bug 782676: require fontconfig 2.12.4 on Windows
Jehan: Fontconfig has a new slowness issue, this time apparently because of locked cache files, preventing a successful cache update.
- icons: new symbolic icons gimp-attach and gimp-detach
Aryeom Han: These are simple on purpose since the smaller size they are displayed at is 12 px (in overlay dialogs) so it needs to be simple shapes.
Note by Jehan: gimpicons.h and Makefile.am not updated yet.
- Bug 793722 - Capture screenshot of single window fails if...