The GIMP open-source imaging and graphics manipulation program.
Most Popular This Year
- icons: new symbolic icons gimp-attach and gimp-detach
Aryeom Han: These are simple on purpose since the smaller size they are displayed at is 12 px (in overlay dialogs) so it needs to be simple shapes.
Note by Jehan: gimpicons.h and Makefile.am not updated yet.
- Bug 782676: require fontconfig 2.12.4 on Windows
Jehan: Fontconfig has a new slowness issue, this time apparently because of locked cache files, preventing a successful cache update.
- pdb: add procedures to set the built-in gradients
- Bug 795230 - Rename Blend tool and provide PDB compatibility
Michael Natterer: Add new PDB group "drawable_edit" which has all procedures from the "edit" group which are not cut/copy/paste.
The new group's procedures don't have opacity, paint_mode etc.
- app: refactor gimppaintcore-loops to coalesce iteration
Ell: The gimppaintcore-loops functions perform very little actual computational work (in case of do_layer_blend(), at least for simple blend modes), which makes the cost of buffer iteration, and memory bandwidth, nonnegligible factors.
- Add Gray theme back to GIMP
- app: make --show-playground visible in --help
Jehan: After Alexandre Prokoudine's insistent demand! :-) I am still not sure how wise this is, since this should be really considered a "developer-only" option.
- app: add --show-debug-menu command-line option
Ell: The debug menu is currently not included in stable versions.
Include the menu unconditionally, but hide it, and its associated actions, by default in stable versions.
- app: add support for Linux backtrace() API.
Jehan: It is nice because when available (Linux only?), it is a lot faster than using a dedicated debugger such as GDB or LLDB, and also it allows to always have a backtrace, even when no debuggers are installed.
- app: make the airbrush tool thread-safe w.r.t. paint thread
Ell: GimpAirbrush currently performs painting and flushes the image on its own during the airbrush timeout.