Plymouth is a modern graphical boot system for Linux machines and developed by Red Hat.
Most Popular This Year
- Add a new firmware-upgrade mode for use by fwupd
Richard Hughes: This allows us to have accurate localised text, and also to use the vendor BIOS logo when applying firmware updates.
- ply-device-manager: De-activate and close renderer on device hot unplug
Hans de Goede: When a device gets hot unplugged, we should de-activate and close the renderer before freeing it.
Speficially this fixes a problem where plymouth's display "freezes" when used with AMD GPUs which can be handled by both the radeon or the amdgpu kms driver and the user has added kernel commandline options to prefer the amdgpu driver.
- throbgress: Remove the throbgress plugin
Hans de Goede: Now that the spinfinity theme has been modified to use the two-step splash plugin instead, there are no more users of the throbgress plugin, so lets remove it.
- two-step: bgrt: Add workaround for desktops which do not use the golden ratio
Hans de Goede: On desktops (no panel) we normally do not use the BGRT provided xoffset and yoffset because the resolution they are intended for may be differtent then the resolution of the current display.
On some desktops (no panel) the image gets centered not only horizontally, but also vertically.
- script: Add image tile support
Dimitri John Ledkov
- two-step: Add UseEndAnimation setting
Hans de Goede: We try to start the end animation early based on our progress accounting but this is highly unreliable because e.g.:-It counts time to enter the diskcrypt passwd as normal boot time, while this varies wildly from boot to boot-Boot times for laptops can differ significantly between docked / undocked state
Between gdm calling /bin/plymouth deactivate and the drm plugin's deactivate method getting called there can be e.g.
- script: add Image.Crop(x, y, width, height)
J-P Nurmi: The script plugin currently allows pixel buffers to be resized and scaled, but provides no mechanism for script theme authors to just crop the buffer, which is necessary for images that cannot be stretched, such as progress bars with gradients.
- Merge branch 'throbgress-removal' into 'master'
Hans de Goede
- Merge branch 'keyboard-indicator' into 'master'
Hans de Goede
- scripts: Add a logrotate file for /var/log/boot.log
Hans de Goede: Since plymouth concatenates boot logs one after the other in /var/log/boot.log, causing it to grow endlessly.