PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
Most Popular This Year
- Add sort support routine for the inet data type
Peter Geoghegan: Add sort support for inet, including support for abbreviated keys.
- Add support for --jobs in reindexdb
Michael Paquier: When doing a schema-level or a database-level operation, a list of relations to build is created which gets processed in parallel using multiple connections, based on the recent refactoring for parallel slots in src/bin/scripts/.
- Avoid taking a new snapshot for an immutable simple expression in plpgsql
Tom Lane: We already used this optimization if the plpgsql function is read-only.
- Remove obsolete information schema tables
Peter Eisentraut: Remove SQL_LANGUAGES, which was eliminated in SQL:2008, and SQL_PACKAGES and SQL_SIZING_PROFILES, which were eliminated in SQL:2011.
- Represent Lists as expansible arrays, not chains of cons-cells
Tom Lane: Originally, Postgres Lists were a more or less exact reimplementation of Lisp lists, which consist of chains of separately-allocated cons cells, each having a value and a next-cell link.
- doc: Add support for xref to command and function elements
Peter Eisentraut: Discussion:
- Remove configure --disable-float4-byval
Peter Eisentraut: This build option was only useful to maintain compatibility for
- Extend the ProcSignal mechanism to support barriers
Robert Haas: A new function EmitProcSignalBarrier() can be used to emit a global barrier which all backends that participate in the ProcSignal mechanism must absorb, and a new function WaitForProcSignalBarrier() can be used to wait until all relevant backends have in fact absorbed the barrier.
- Fix nbtree metapage cache upgrade bug
Peter Geoghegan: Commit 857f9c36cda, which taught nbtree VACUUM to avoid unnecessary index scans, bumped the nbtree version number from 2 to 3, while adding the ability for nbtree indexes to be upgraded on-the-fly.
- Add gen_random_uuid function
Peter Eisentraut: This adds a built-in function to generate UUIDs.
PostgreSQL hasn't had a built-in function to generate a UUID yet, relying on external modules such as uuid-ossp and pgcrypto to provide one.