PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- Update ExecInitPartitionInfo comment
Alvaro Herrera: Remove the words "if not already done." This obsolete wording corresponds to an early development version of what became edd44738bc8.
- Add GUC enable_partition_pruning
Alvaro Herrera: This controls both plan-time and execution-time new-style partition pruning.
- Rework code to determine partition pruning procedure
Alvaro Herrera: Amit Langote reported that partition prune was unable to work with arrays, enums, etc, which led him to research the appropriate way to match query clauses to partition keys: instead of searching for an exact match of the expression's type, it is better to rely on the fact that the expression qual has already been resolved to a specific operator, and that the partition key is linked to a specific operator family.
- Enlarge find_other_exec's meager fgets buffer
Alvaro Herrera: The buffer was 100 bytes long, which is barely sufficient when the
version string gets longer (such as by configure --with-extra-version).
- Fix datatype for number of heap tuples during last cleanup
Teodor Sigaev: It appears that new fields introduced in 857f9c36 have inconsistent datatypes: BTMetaPageData.btm_last_cleanup_num_heap_tuples is of float4 type, while xl_btree_metadata.last_cleanup_num_heap_tuples is of double type.
- Simplify genbki.pl's data quoting rules
Tom Lane: During the bootstrap data format conversion, it seemed important for
verifiability's sake that the generated postgres.bki file stayed the same as before.
- Add commentary explaining why MaxIndexTuplesPerPage calculation is safe
Tom Lane: MaxIndexTuplesPerPage ignores the fact that btree indexes sometimes store tuples with no data payload.
- Cleanup covering infrastructure
Teodor Sigaev: - Explicitly forbids opclass, collation and indoptions (like DESC/ASC etc) for including columns.
- doc: Add more information about logical replication privileges
Peter Eisentraut: In particular, the requirement to have SELECT privilege for the initial table copy was previously not documented.
- Make reformat_dat_file.pl preserve all blank lines
Tom Lane: In its original form, reformat_dat_file.pl smashed consecutive blank lines to a single blank line, which was helpful for mopping up excess whitespace during the bootstrap data format conversion.