PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- Add conninfo to pg_stat_wal_receiver
Alvaro Herrera: Commit b1a9bad9e744 introduced a stats view to provide insight into the running WAL receiver, but neglected to include the connection string in it, as reported by Michaël Paquier.
- doc: add link for list-of-scalars mention
- Add VACUUM (DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING) for emergencies
Robert Haas: If you really want to vacuum every single page in the relation, regardless of apparent visibility status or anything else, you can use this option.
- Document the authoritative version of perltidy
Noah Misch: Every whole-tree perltidy run has used this version, firmly establishing it as the de facto standard.
- doc: Update version() and current_date output in tutorial
Peter Eisentraut: While the version number is automatically updated in the example output, the other details looked a bit dated.
- Pin the built-in index access methods
Tom Lane: This was overlooked in commit 473b93287, which introduced DROP ACCESS METHOD.
- Improve 9.6 release notes
Tom Lane: Incorporate some suggestions from David Johnston, and update through today.
- Release notes for 9.5.3, 9.4.8, 9.3.13, 9.2.17, 9.1.22.
- Update back-branch release notes for the last few commits
Tom Lane: OpenSSL error queue fix no longer needs to be documented under 9.
- Add test_pg_dump to @contrib_excludes
Stephen Frost: The test_pg_dump extension doesn't have a C component, so we need to exclude it from the MSVC build system trying to figure out how to build it.
Also add a "MODULES" line to the Makefile, as test_extensions has.