PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- For all ppc compilers, implement compare_exchange and fetch_add with asm
Noah Misch: This is more like how we handle s_lock.h and arch-x86.h.
- Fix typo
Alvaro Herrera: Apparently while this code was being developed, ReindexRelationConcurrently operated on multiple relations.
- Fix CLUSTER on expression indexes
Andres Freund: Since the introduction of different slot types, in 1a0586de3657, we create a virtual slot in tuplesort_begin_cluster().
- In the postmaster, rely on the signal infrastructure to block signals
Tom Lane: POSIX sigaction(2) can be told to block a set of signals while a signal handler executes.
- Fix dependency handling of column drop with partitioned tables
Michael Paquier: When dropping a column on a partitioned table which has one or more partitioned indexes, the operation was failing as dependencies with partitioned indexes using the column dropped were not getting removed in a way consistent with the columns involved across all the relations part of an inheritance tree.
This commit refactors the code executing column drop so as all the columns from an inheritance tree to remove are gathered first, and dropped all at the end.
- AIX: Stop adding option -qsrcmsg
Noah Misch: With xlc v16.1.0, it causes internal compiler errors.
- Fix table rewrites that include a column without a default
Andres Freund: In c2fe139c201c I made ATRewriteTable() use tuple slots.
- Remove some code for old unsupported versions of MSVC
Peter Eisentraut: As of d9dd406fe281d22d5238d3c26a7182543c711e74, we require MSVC 2013, which means _MSC_VER >= 1800.
- Avoid trying to release a List's initial allocation via repalloc().
Tom Lane: Commit 1cff1b95a included some code that supposed it could repalloc() a memory chunk to a smaller size without risk of the chunk moving.
- Avoid unnecessary out-of-memory errors during encoding conversion
Tom Lane: Encoding conversion uses the very simplistic rule that the output can't be more than 4X longer than the input, and palloc's a buffer of that size.