PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
Most Popular In The Past Month
- Add WAL consistency checking facility
Robert Haas: When the new GUC wal_consistency_checking is set to a non-empty value, it triggers recording of additional full-page images, which are compared on the standby against the results of applying the WAL record (without regard to those full-page images).
- pageinspect: Support hash indexes
Robert Haas: Patch by Jesper Pedersen and Ashutosh Sharma, with some error handling improvements by me.
- Release notes for 9.6.2, 9.5.6, 9.4.11, 9.3.16, 9.2.20.
- Small fixes to the Perl scripts to create unicode conversion tables
Heikki Linnakangas: Add missing semicolons in UCS_to_* perl scripts.
- Tweak catalog indexing abstraction for upcoming WARM
Alvaro Herrera: Split the existing CatalogUpdateIndexes into two different routines, CatalogTupleInsert and CatalogTupleUpdate, which do both the heap insert/update plus the index update.
- Avoid returning stale attribute bitmaps in RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap().
Tom Lane: The problem with the original coding here is that we might receive (and clear) a relcache invalidation signal for the target relation down inside one of the index_open calls we're doing.
- Drop support for Python 2.3
Peter Eisentraut: There is no specific reason for this right now, but keeping support for old Python versions around indefinitely increases the maintenance burden.
- btree: Support parallel index scans
Robert Haas: This isn't exposed to the optimizer or the executor yet; we'll add support for those things in a separate patch.
- Update ddl.sgml for declarative partitioning syntax
Simon Riggs: Add a section titled "Partitioned Tables" to describe what are partitioned tables, partition, their similarities with inheritance.
- Fix mishandling of tSRFs at different nesting levels
Tom Lane: Given a targetlist like "srf(x), f(srf(x))", split_pathtarget_at_srfs() decided that it needed two levels of ProjectSet nodes, failing to notice that the two SRF calls are textually equal().