PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
Most Popular In The Past Month
- doc: JIT is enabled by default in PG 12
Bruce Momjian: JIT was disabled by default in a PG 11 in a separate commit that will normally not appear in the PG 12 git logs.
- Rework activation of commit timestamps during recovery
Michael Paquier: The activation and deactivation of commit timestamp tracking has not been handled consistently for a primary or standbys at recovery.
- Sync our Snowball stemmer dictionaries with current upstream
Tom Lane: We haven't touched these since text search functionality landed in core in 2007 :-(.
- Use ppoll(2), if available, to wait for input in pgbench
Tom Lane: Previously, pgbench always used select(2) for this purpose, but that's problematic for very high client counts, because select() can't deal with file descriptor numbers larger than FD_SETSIZE.
- Remove absolete function TupleDescGetSlot().
Andres Freund: TupleDescGetSlot() was kept around for backward compatibility for user-written SRFs.
- Add application_name to connection authorized msg
Stephen Frost: The connection authorized message has quite a bit of useful information in it, but didn't include the application_name (when provided), so let's add that as it can be very useful.
Note that at the point where we're emitting the connection authorized message, we haven't processed GUCs, so it's not possible to get this by using log_line_prefix (which pulls from the GUC).
- Add pg_ls_archive_statusdir function
Michael Paquier: This function lists the contents of the WAL archive status directory, and is intended to be used by monitoring tools.
- Add pg_ls_tmpdir function
Michael Paquier: This lists the contents of a temporary directory associated to a given tablespace, useful to get information about on-disk consumption caused by temporary files used by a session query.
- Improve the accuracy of floating point statistical aggregates
Dean Rasheed: When computing statistical aggregates like variance, the common schoolbook algorithm which computes the sum of the squares of the
- Remove no-longer-needed variant expected regression result files
Tom Lane: numerology_1.out and float8-small-is-zero_1.out differ from their base files only in showing plain zero rather than minus zero for some results.