PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
Most Popular In The Past Month
- Add index-only scan support to btree_gist
Heikki Linnakangas: inet, cidr, and timetz indexes still cannot support index-only scans, because they don't store the original unmodified value in the index, but a derived approximate value.
- Add support for index-only scans in GiST.
Heikki Linnakangas: This adds a new GiST opclass method, 'fetch', which is used to reconstruct the original Datum from the value stored in the index.
- psql: add asciidoc output format
Bruce Momjian: Patch by Szymon Guz, adjustments by me
- rm src/test/performance
Bruce Momjian: Last changed in 1997.
- Add, optional, support for 128bit integers
Andres Freund: We will, for the foreseeable future, not expose 128 bit datatypes to SQL.
- Add flags argument to dsm_create
Robert Haas: Right now, there's only one flag, DSM_CREATE_NULL_IF_MAXSEGMENTS, which suppresses the error that would normally be thrown when the maximum number of segments already exists, instead returning NULL.
- Add palloc_extended for frontend and backend
Fujii Masao: This commit also adds pg_malloc_extended for frontend.
- doc: add comma for clarity
- Add pg_rewind, for re-synchronizing a master server after failback
Heikki Linnakangas: Earlier versions of this tool were available (and still are) on github.
- Add log_min_autovacuum_duration per-table option
Alvaro Herrera: This is useful to control autovacuum log volume, for situations where monitoring only a set of tables is necessary.