PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- Add test_pg_dump to @contrib_excludes
Stephen Frost: The test_pg_dump extension doesn't have a C component, so we need to exclude it from the MSVC build system trying to figure out how to build it.
Also add a "MODULES" line to the Makefile, as test_extensions has.
- Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2016d
Tom Lane: DST law changes in Russia (Magadan, Tomsk regions) and Venezuela.
- First-draft release notes for Postgres 9.6.
Tom Lane: These are just of beta quality, but we're only at beta ...
- Fix more things to be parallel-safe
Robert Haas: Conversion functions were previously marked as parallel-unsafe, since that is the default, but in fact they are safe.
- Add a --non-master-only option to git_changelog
Tom Lane: This has the inverse effect of --master-only.
- Support building with Visual Studio 2015
Andrew Dunstan: Adjust the way we detect the locale.
- Adjust DatumGetBool macro, this time for sure
Tom Lane: Commit 23a41573c attempted to fix the DatumGetBool macro to ignore bits in a Datum that are to the left of the actual bool value.
- Prevent multiple cleanup process for pending list in GIN.
Teodor Sigaev: Previously, ginInsertCleanup could exit early if it detects that someone else is cleaning up the pending list, without waiting for that someone else to finish the job.
- Add a --brief option to git_changelog
Tom Lane: In commit c0b050192, Andres introduced the idea of including one-line commit references in our major release notes.
- Enable parallel query by default
Robert Haas: Change max_parallel_degree default from 0 to 2.