PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- In v10 release notes, call out sequence changes as a compatibility item
Tom Lane: The previous description didn't make it clear that this change potentially breaks applications, partly because the entry wasn't even in the compatibility-hazard section.
- Doc: fix thinko in v10 release notes
Tom Lane: s/log_destination/log_directory/, per Jov in bug #14749.
- Fix broken link-command-line ordering for libpgfeutils
Tom Lane: In the frontend Makefiles that pull in libpgfeutils, we'd generally done it like this:
LDFLAGS += -L$(top_builddir)/src/fe_utils -lpgfeutils $(libpq_pgport)
That method is badly broken, as seen in bug #14742 from Chris Ruprecht.
- Fix typo in v10 release notes
Alvaro Herrera: The new functions return a list of files in the corresponding directory, not the name of the directory itself.
- Fix race between GetNewTransactionId and GetOldestActiveTransactionId
Heikki Linnakangas: The race condition goes like this:
- Doc: desultory copy-editing for v10 release notes
Tom Lane: Improve many item descriptions, improve markup, relocate some items that seemed to be in the wrong section.
- MSVC: Repair libpq.rc generator
Noah Misch: It generates an empty file, so libpq.dll advertises no version information.
- pg_ctl: Make failure to complete operation a nonzero exit
Peter Eisentraut: If an operation being waited for does not complete within the timeout, then exit with a nonzero exit status.
- Reduce delay for last logicalrep feedback message when master goes idle
Tom Lane: The regression tests contain numerous cases where we do some activity on a master server and then wait till the slave has ack'd flushing its copy of that transaction.
- Change pg_ctl to detect server-ready by watching status in postmaster.pid
Tom Lane: Traditionally, "pg_ctl start -w" has waited for the server to become ready to accept connections by attempting a connection once per second.