PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
Most Popular This Year
- Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2014h
Tom Lane: Most zones in the Russian Federation are subtracting one or two hours as of 2014-10-26.
- Add width_bucket(anyelement, anyarray).
Tom Lane: This provides a convenient method of classifying input values into buckets that are not necessarily equal-width.
- Implement SKIP LOCKED for row-level locks
Alvaro Herrera: This clause changes the behavior of SELECT locking clauses in the presence of locked rows: instead of causing a process to block waiting for the locks held by other processes (or raise an error, with NOWAIT), SKIP LOCKED makes the new reader skip over such rows.
- Implement ALTER TABLE .. SET LOGGED / UNLOGGED
Alvaro Herrera: This enables changing permanent (logged) tables to unlogged and
- Fix FOR UPDATE NOWAIT on updated tuple chains
Alvaro Herrera: If SELECT FOR UPDATE NOWAIT tries to lock a tuple that is concurrently being updated, it might fail to honor its NOWAIT specification and block instead of raising an error.
Fix by adding a no-wait flag to EvalPlanQualFetch which it can pass down to heap_lock_tuple; also use it in EvalPlanQualFetch itself to avoid blocking while waiting for a concurrent transaction.
Authors: Craig Ringer and Thomas Munro, tweaked by Álvaro
- Avoid corrupting tables when ANALYZE inside a transaction is rolled back
Tom Lane: VACUUM and ANALYZE update the target table's pg_class row in-place, that is nontransactionally.
- Support timezone abbreviations that sometimes change
Tom Lane: Up to now, PG has assumed that any given timezone abbreviation (such as "EDT") represents a constant GMT offset in the usage of any particular region; we had a way to configure what that offset was, but not for it to be changeable over time.
- Remove support for 64-bit CRC.
Heikki Linnakangas: It hasn't been used for anything for a long time.
- pg_upgrade: remove support for 8.3 old clusters
Bruce Momjian: This trims down the code, and is in preparation for hardening pg_upgrade against auto-oid assignment.
- Release notes for 9.4.1, 9.3.6, 9.2.10, 9.1.15, 9.0.19.