PostgeSQL is a leading open-source SQL database server.
- Improve isolationtester's timeout management
Tom Lane: isolationtester.c had a hard-wired limit of 3 minutes per test step.
- Document search_path security with untrusted dbowner or CREATEROLE.
Noah Misch: Commit 5770172cb0c9df9e6ce27c507b449557e5b45124 wrote, incorrectly, that certain schema usage patterns are secure against CREATEROLE users and database owners.
- Disallow non-default collation in ADD PRIMARY KEY/UNIQUE USING INDEX.
Tom Lane: When creating a uniqueness constraint using a pre-existing index, we have always required that the index have the same properties you'd get if you just let a new index get built.
- Fix handling of OpenSSL's SSL_clear_options
Michael Paquier: This function is supported down to OpenSSL 0.9.8, which is the oldest
version supported since 593d4e4 (from Postgres 10 onwards), and is used since e3bdb2d (from 11 onwards).
- Update minimum SSL version
Peter Eisentraut: Change default of ssl_min_protocol_version to TLSv1.2 (from TLSv1, which means 1.0).
- Fix EXPLAIN's column alias output for mismatched child tables
Tom Lane: If an inheritance/partitioning parent table is assigned some column alias names in the query, EXPLAIN mapped those aliases onto the child tables' columns by physical position, resulting in bogus output if a child table's columns aren't one-for-one with the parent's.
To fix, make expand_single_inheritance_child() generate a correctly re-mapped column alias list, rather than just copying the parent RTE's alias node.
- Add query cancellation capabilities in pgbench init phase
Michael Paquier: This can be useful to stop data generation happening on the server for long-running queries caused by large scale factors.
- Fix misbehavior with expression indexes on ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS tables
Tom Lane: We implement ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS by truncating tables marked that way, which requires also truncating/rebuilding their indexes.
- libq support for sslpassword connection param, DER format keys
Andrew Dunstan: This patch providies for support for password protected SSL client keys in libpq, and for DER format keys, both encrypted and unencrypted.
- pg_upgrade: improve instructions for fixing incompatible isn use
Bruce Momjian: This clarifies instructions on how to dump/reload databases that use incompatible isn versions.