PulseAudio is an open-source multi-OS network sound server commonly used by modern Linux distributions.
Activity Earlier In The Year
- alsa-mixer: add support for Astro A50 gaming headset
- alsa: adjust ucm sink/source priority according to ports priority
Hui Wang: On the machines with the ucm used, the different input/output devices often have different pcm stream, so they often belong to different sources and sinks, this is greatly different from the design of all devices connected to a codec (without ucm).
For example, on a machine with ucm2 used: the internal dmic is on source#0 the external mic is on the source#1 the internal spk is on sink#0 the external headphone is on sink#1
Users expect that after plugging the external device, it will become the active device automatically.
- device-port: queue CARD CHANGE event before update default sink
Libin Yang: In single profile mode (headphone and speaker use different PCMs), when headphone is plugged in, pa_device_port_set_available() will call pa_core_update_default_sink/source() before posting PA_SUBSCRIPTION_EVENT_CARD|PA_SUBSCRIPTION_EVENT_CHANGE to the gnome.
- alsa: legacy card - implement device port type parser and assignment
- device-port: add type member
Jaroslav Kysela: The clients might wanna to know for which purpose is the port.
- device-port: introduce available_group member
Jaroslav Kysela: In some cases, the I/O connector functionality can be shared and we cannot determine the proper purpose automatically.
- stream-restore: Forget pre-14.0 stream routing
Tanu Kaskinen: Prior to commits f899d5f4669dcd536cc142cee99fe359dd8af3d6 and f62a49b8cf109c011a9818d2358beb6834e6ec25, GNOME's sound settings overwrote the routing for all entries in the stream-restore database when selecting a device.
- raop: Send initial timing packet to prime UDP connection tracking
StefanBruens: In case the local UDP port is blocked by a firewall by default, send an initial timing packet so the connection tracking will accept the response packages.
- shell-completions/bash: Add pactl set-default-sink and set-default-source
Jarno Suni: pactl has these commands, too.
- raop: Add autoreconnect feature
ckdo: This patch adds the autoreconnect feature to the raop module.