The GNU C library.
Other Activity This Week
- Optimized version of powf()
Paul Clarke: Most significant changes are code simplification and use of doubles for intermediate values.
- powerpc: fix sysconf support for cache geometries
Paul Clarke: Commit cdfbe5037f2f67bf5f560b73732b69d0fabe2314 added sysconf support for cache geometries on powerpc, but mishandled errno.
- powerpc: Add optimized version of [l]lroundf
Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan: This patch makes use of optimized double version of llround for single precision as both the versions return [long] long type.
- Support _Float128 in ldbl-96 bits/iscanonical.h
Joseph Myers: This patch adds _Float128 support to the ldbl-96 bits/iscanonical.h, as needed for x86_64 / x86 / ia64 support of _Float128.
- Support _Float128 in math-tests.h
Joseph Myers: This patch makes math-tests.h, as used to describe support of given floating-point types for sNaNs, rounding modes and exceptions, handle distinguishing _Float128 from long double.
- Make errno-setting libm templates include errno.h
Joseph Myers: Various type-generic libm wrapper templates, as used for float128, set errno but do not include errno.h.
- Add ChangeLog entries for the last 3 commits
Siddhesh Poyarekar: I forgot to add ChangeLog entries for my last three commits.
- Bug 21533: Update to Unicode 10.0.0
Mike FABIAN: - Unicode 10.
- Implement allocation buffers for internal use
Florian Weimer: This commit adds fixed-size allocation buffers.
- x86-64: Implement strcmp family IFUNC selectors in C
H.J. Lu: Implement strcmp family IFUNC selectors in C.
All internal calls within libc.so can use IFUNC on x86-64 since unlike x86, x86-64 supports PC-relative addressing to access the GOT entry so that it can call via PLT without using an extra register.
- [AArch64] Add more cfi annotations to tlsdesc entry points
Szabolcs Nagy: Backtrace through _dl_tlsdesc_resolve_rela was broken because the offset of x30 from cfa was not in the debug info.
- Factor out shared definitions from bits/signum.h
Zack Weinberg: Many of the things defined by bits/signum.h are invariant across all supported operating systems.
- Add powf trace
Wilco Dijkstra: Add a workload for powf.
- tunables: Add IFUNC selection and cache sizes
H.J. Lu: The current IFUNC selection is based on microbenchmarks in glibc.
- Improve math benchmark infrastructure
Wilco Dijkstra: Improve support for math function benchmarking.
- Remove bits/string.h
Zack Weinberg: These machine-dependent inline string functions have never been on by default, and even if they were a good idea at the time they were introduced, they haven't really been touched in ten to fifteen years and probably aren't a good idea on current-gen processors.